NARHS policy is to not issue refunds for any reason. In some circumstances, at the sole discretion of NARHS administration, a partial refund may be possible, minus the registration fee.
The NARHS “no refund policy” has been in effect for years, and there are good reasons for its existence. Making this policy known to families before they commit to our program is the purpose of this announcement. Here are the reasons for the policy:
- For some, registering with NARHS becomes their way of avoiding truancy. After they register and “pass inspection” by the school authorities, they ask for a refund, claiming they never used any of our services.
- For some, registering with NARHS becomes their ticket to insurance discounts and good student auto insurance policies. Then once the insurance company receives the verification of student status, the family asks for a refund, claiming they never used our services.
- For some, registering with NARHS becomes their ticket to continue qualifying for SSI or to continue receiving disability payments, or for health insurance coverage for dependent children, or for food stamps, or for other public assistance. Then, once the parent proves to the agency that the child is in school, they ask for a refund, claiming they never used any of our services.
- For some, registering with NARHS becomes their way to prove they are in school and therefore continue to qualify for child support payments, especially in custody issues with ex-spouses. Then once the custodial parent proves the child is in a school program, the parent asks us for a refund, claiming they never used any of our services.
- Teens tend to change their minds…they waiver from one position to another. Sometimes it is because they are using their ever-widening knowledge base to direct them to one “cause” or another, or from one status to another.
As a school, NARHS cannot be in a position where we are registering and un-registering students. If our position to refuse refunds remains constant, parents can use that as a reason why an education plan cannot change this year. If NARHS refuses to issue refunds, individuals looking for an opportunity to deceive with an “enrolled status” will look elsewhere.
We ask parents to check out our program carefully and register with us intentionally. Once the enrollment has happened, many decisions and appointments, database entries and processes are in place to service the family to the fullest extent we are able. Consider your registration a commitment on your part, and we will provide everything we can to make your student’s high school education a success.
This policy is subject to change without notice. This web page is the best place to get the most up-to-date information.